Michael Collins “MCStrong” Scholarship
- Provide a $1,000 scholarship for higher education assistance to a student/athlete who has consistently demonstrated the attributes valued by former Normal West Wildcat baseball player Michael Collins.
- Higher education would include: 2 and 4 year colleges, vocational schools and trade schools.
- 4-year Normal West H.S. baseball participant.
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 on a 5.0.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in athletics and other school activities.
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to athletic skill development and achievement.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, teamwork, and sportsmanship as a varsity athlete.
- Involved in a faith based venue such as the local Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), church, youth group, etc.,
- Applicant writes a one page essay on why they should be awarded the MCStrong scholarship.
- A committee screens all of the applicants’ essays and based on the criteria (see above) will select three finalists.
- The MCStrong Foundation will review the three finalists’ essays and will select the recipient for the scholarship.
- Scholarship will be presented to the recipient during the Normal West High School post season baseball banquet.
- A check for $1,000 will be made out to the scholarship recipient.